Wednesday, October 26, 2016

This Interactive Blog!

Hello everyone. To my shame, almost a month has gone by since my last post to you. It's down to September and the beginning of October being exceptionally busy periods here in our teaching centre.

However, I am very happy to see that you, the readers, have not been idle. In particular, I would like to thank Ciro, Maria C., Giulia, Topazia, Giovanna and Angelo for leaving their messages on the Tag Board describing the English-language web sites they have visited.

This kind of interactivity is the essence of our blog. I created this Blog in far-off 2004 as a guide to the Internet for students of English. I intended it also to be a channel of communication between us. Unfortunately, this feature of the blog has so far been under-used. The recent Tag Board activity shows that this may be changing.

As for the wider Internet, in the 12 years since I started this Blog, the Net has changed and expanded enormously. There are now vast resources for you to choose from, and I encourage you to take full advantage of them.

Now, on another topic: imminently, I will post some advance notices on workshops here in our teaching centre, given by my learned colleague Bruce Warburton. You are strongly urged to go to these: there's always something new to learn.

And, also coming up: another Listening Quiz from the BBC's "Learning English" site.

Have a very good week!
Yours,
Mike

No comments: