Hello all! I am sorry to have been away for so long. But now I can reveal the answers to the latest Six Minute English Quiz: "Is the Latin Lover Dead?"
Those questions and answers:
1. This weeks's official question: Who wrote the novel Don Quixote, about a 50-year old man travelling Spain in search of knightly adventures in rusty armour and a cardboard helmet? Was it…
a) Miguel de Cervantes: b) Leo Tolstoy: c) William Shakespeare?
2. What does Alice ask Neil to do at the beginning of the programme? [Give her his comfortable chair because hers is uncomfortable.]
3. Chivalry was all about [honour] and [courage] in battle. Later it was about being [polite] to [ladies].
4. In Poland they have battle [re-enactments] every weekend.
5. Jousting is a contest between two people on [horseback].
6. Professor Laura Ash of Oxford University says that [love] makes you a better [knight].
So what's the situation in your country? Is chivalry alive or dead? We'd all love to read your answers from round the world. Simply write then in a Comment or on the Tag Board opposite.
The next Six Minute English Quiz is coming soon.
Good bye for now.