G'day all. The above question, I have asked my students in Rome many times. Most people, especially the ladies, emphatically reply "No".
And Six Minute English asks "Is Chivalry Dead?
Let's listen and see. Please, however, try not to look at the transcript until you have finished the exercise.
So - Six Questions for Six Minutes:
1. This weeks's official question: Who wrote the novel Don Quixote, about a 50-year old man travelling Spain in search of knightly adventures in rusty armour and a cardboard helmet? Was it…
a) Miguel de Cervantes: b) Leo Tolstoy: c) William Shakespeare?
2. What does Alice ask Neil to do at the beginning of the programme? (Write a short reply)
3. Chivalry was all about [______] and [______] in [______]. Later it was about being [______] to [______]. (One word for each space.)
4. In Poland they have battle [______] every weekend.
5. Jousting is a contest between two people on [______].
6. Professor Laura Ashe of Oxford University says that in medieval times, [______] made you a better [______].
Post your answers to the Tag Board or write them in a Comment. The first person to post the right answers will get an Honourable Mention and an apero in the nearby Vineria on Via della Croce.
I look forward to maximum participation. Come numerous, to translate directly.
Have a nice day.