On the BBC, you can hear the stories of five ordinary Sicilians who have had extensive contact with migrants. Some are on the island of Lampedusa, the first landfall for many migrants. Others are on the mainland.
On the linked page here, listen to their stories and match a statement with a profession: the Chef, the Optician, the Hospital Director, the Gravedigger or the Carpenter.
2. became a volunteer after her mother died
3. doesn't understand why no one in their own countries helps migrants
4. feels the presence of the migrants in the material he uses for his work
5. finds some aspects of his job "sad"
6. gets his material from wrecked migrants' boats
7. has had to find three hundred extra beds for migrants
8. saved forty-seven migrants
9. says "tiredness is not in our contract"
10. says helping migrants is a blessing
11. says that Italy and Europe are not doing enough to help migrants
12. says that until two years ago the media never talked about migrants
13. says there are many more children and teenagers than in the past
14. sells his work all over Europe
15. took some Eritrean survivors out to sea to revisit the area where they were rescued
I look forward to as many participants as possible!!