As promised, here are the answers to the latest Six Minute English Quiz:
1. What's the strange thing about robots? They talk in a funny way
2. Using robots to do a task is called automation.
3. Official question: what makes a job more likely to be done by robots? Is it:
a) manipulating small objects? Correct!!
4. Which key skill does Finn not mention? negotiation, originality, a photographic memory, persuasion, caring for others, or manual dexterity? a photographic memory
5. A study by Oxford University suggests that 35 per cent of existing jobs will be automated in the next 20 years.
6. Oxford University researcher Michael Osborne says computers are increasingly able to learn.
7. A "white-collar" job is one that you do in an office, not in a factory.
8. In law firms, it is being predicted that computers will do the boring work and the lawyers will do the more interesting stuff.
Very many thanks to Marco Tulli, Filomena and Daniele Ristori! I am so glad you took part.
But I understand that a lot of people read the questions and listen to the programme, without posting the answers! This is rather disappointing. I hope that more people will actively take part in the next quiz.
Look out for the next quiz, coming soon!
Very best wishes from,