Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Small Talk: The Answers

Hello everyone. My sincerest apologies for this long gap between posts.

My excuse must be that quite a long Easter holiday intervened. It saw me travelling from Rome down to southeastern Sicily and back. It was great!

But now I'm back in the flow and so I bring you the answers to March's Six Minute English Quiz on "Small Talk". Here they go:

Question 1 (Official): When do babies usually start talking? Is it when they are:

(a) 9 months; (b) 16 months: (c) 18 months  - Eighteen months

2. What expression does party expert Liz Brewer use to describe the act of attempting to start a conversation with someone you don't know at a party? "Breaking the ice"

3. What do you do if you can't remember the name of the person you're talking to? You say,  "Your name has just slipped my mind."

4. Liz Brewer says, "You have to interact with people in a charming way." 


In the next few days I'll be brining you another Quiz. Meanwhile, make sure you keep your listening skills honed. Honed? This means "sharp", like a knife. You can do this by visiting this Blog every day and doing some listening practice.

See you again soon!
Yours,
Mike

1 comment:

addirigib said...

Nice video and i like your post. I am working in scholarship essay writing service . It was making more writing papers for students.