You might be surprised. In this episode of Six Minute English we're going to dissect the superhero and sort out fact from fiction.
Here are some questions to help you concentrate on the programme. Read them first, then click on the link to the programme, below:
1. What year did Superman first appear published in a comic? Was it:
(a) in 1930; (b) in 1934; or (c) in 1938?
And, question 2:
What was Superman's original role? He was a [___]. (one word)
3. Superheroes in real life are people who do something [___]. (one word)
4. What does the Japanese superhero do? He makes his fellow-citizens [___]. (one word)
5. Why does he do it? He says that, after the 2011 earthquake and tsunami, that he wanted ["to ......"] (a short answer)
6. Interestingly, real life superheroes keep their identity [___ ___]. (two words)
7. Another Japanese man is considered a hero because he [.....]. (a short answer)
Now listen to the programme. The link should open a new tab. Then write your answers on the Tag Board or in a Comment.
I look forward to seeing as many people on board here as possible!
And I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2015!
I am off to the UK and France very soon. But with luck, I may be able to visit this blog from time to time.