Congratulations to those who listened to 'Mammoni' on Six Minute English and posted their answers to the Quiz Questions. And here are the official answers:
1) This week's question: What percentage of 20 to 34-year-olds were living at home with their parents in 2013, according to the UK's Office for National Statistics? Was it:
a) 16%; b) 26%; c) 36%
Answer (b) is correct: 26 per cent or 3.3 million adults.
2) Even after marriage, a couple may find it too expensive to rent or buy a house.
3) The most important reason why people live with their parents is the economic downturn.
4) What's Luke Sibson's biggest difficulty over living with his mother? There's something very difficult about being an adult but living in an environment where one is still a child. He feels it limits him socially and professionally.
5) The advantages for Alberto Balagan in living with his parents are that he doesn't have to wash his clothes, make his bed or buy anything, pay taxes or bills. You're living for free.
6) Living at home successfully depends on your relationship with your parents.
Many thanks are due to Federica, Arthur, Martina, Manola, Gianluca, Filomena and Maria Teresa.
Watch out for the next Six Minute English Quiz. I'm not sure what I will choose but I can promise you that it will be interesting.
Meanwhile check out the right-hand column on this blog with its list of recommended sites. I suggest anything connected with Listening, such as News In Levels or elementary Video - Real English - with Michael Marzio.
There's also an entertaining Blog by the Runaway Daydreamer. In her latest post she tells us about 'Flashsticks' and how they can help us to remember new words.