First, read the questions, starting with the official question:
1. Which Italian city was Giacomo Girolamo Casanova born in? Was it:
a) Florence b) Rome c) Venice
2. A “Casanova” is a man who is … (give the expressions you hear)
3. G.G. Casanova was known for his …
4. Italian “Casanovas” used to seduce women by …
5. But now they can’t ___ ___ (two words)
6. What gifts did Casanovas traditionally give their mistresses? (give some examples)
7. What other expressions mean “reduce spending”? (You should hear three expressions.)
8. In Italy, the cost of living is mean to be … ( = increasing rapidly)
9. Another name for “Casanova” is … (a two-word expression.)
10. Nowadays, Casanovas can only offer their mistresses simple pleasures such as … (give some examples)
11. Why is the recession in Italy having a positive effect for married women?
12. What does Finn advise Rob to do?
Now listen to the programme. Give us your answers in a Comment or on the Tag Board.
Let's all try it!
Official answers in a few days.