Hello everyone. First of all, I'm very sorry that over a month has passed since my last post. My excuse must be that it has been a very intense period at work, during which we changed to a new computer system.
However I can now give you the official answers to my previous question: how do you correctly use the verbs "Speak", "Tell","Say" and "Talk"?
Here they are:
1. A lot of people are talking about the latest murder in the Metro.
2. When you see the directors, tell them I came to the meeting at the time we agreed - but no one turned up :-(
3. We're having talks with our partners on how to agree on intellectual property rights for these images.
4. I don't speak Arabic very well - just enough for basic communication.
5. They are saying that we haven't kept our promises. It's not true.
Many thanks to Ilaria and Giovanni for their answers.
Coming up early next week: a Six Minute English Quiz from the BBC World Service 'Learning English' site.
And a very relaxing weekend to you all!