Hello everyone. I hope you all had a good Easter break. Now, how noisy is your city? Many people think that Italian cities like Rome, Naples or Milan are some of the noisiest cities in existence. Do you agree? Where is the noisiest place you have ever been? Tell us in a comment or on the Tag Board. (which I have just unlocked.)
Now here's our latest Six Minute English Quiz. Read the questions first and then listen to the programme:
1) This week's official question:
A new survey in the UK has identified the ten jobs where people are most exposed to noise – noise that can cause serious damage to someone's hearing. Which one of these three jobs has the most exposure to noise?
a) A nightclub worker: b) A classical musician; c) An airport ground staff worker .
You'll hear the answer at the end of the programme.
2) When are loud noises necessary?
3) What did rich people do to escape from noise?
4) What's the disadvantage of the rich people's solution?
5) What characteristic of cities causes sounds to seem louder?
6. What do noise abatement groups do?
7. What's the difference between 'noise' and 'sounds'?
Now listen to the programme. Then write your answers in a comment or on the Tag Board I look forward to seeing everybody participate!