Hello everyone. Today saw the arrival of several Olympic teams at London's Heathrow Airport. The BBC were there to greet them. Can you understand the video? Read these seven simple questions first, then click on the link.
Complete the sentences or answer the questions:
1. "After ____ ____ of Olympic planning, the world's athletes are finally here." [two words.]
2. Which famous fashion house has supplied the Italian team's luggage?
3. What are the Italians most concerned about?
4. How many passengers passed through Heathrow today?
5. And on a normal day?
6. "It was security with a _____." [one word.]
7. But the American athlete Kerron Clement has a problem - what is it?
8. The volunteer helpers at the Olympics enjoy their work because of the "amazing ____." [one word]
Now watch the video. It is two-and-a-half minutes long. Then give short answers to the questions. The Tag Board is best for this, but you can also leave a Comment.
All our readers are warmly encouraged to participate in this quiz. Remember, if you want to improve your listening, you have got to practise - a little but often, very often.
And while you're in the BBC web site, explore their special Olympics section for more updates on this momentous sporting event.
More soon! Have a nice weekend.