Good day all! Here are the answers to the latest Six Minute English Quiz about texting and walking:
1. Official question: there are strange but true laws which exist in the UK. Which one of these three is NOT a real law?
c) It's illegal to speak French in front of a dog.√
2. What accident happened to Rosie recently? A man bumped into her while he was texting, and offered no apology at all.
3. About the new law in Fort Lee, New Jersey: people are forbidden to text specifically while crossing a road.
4. The punishment is an eighty-five dollar fine. (Or: an $85 fine, etc.)
5. In Los Angeles recently, a man was texting on his phone when he very nearly walked into which wild animal? A bear.
6. What did a teenage girl in China fall into while she was using her phone? A sinkhole. [Sinkholes are caused by subsidence of the surface of the land. Water, flowing through the earth, causes caverns to form; these eventually collapse, causing 'sinkholes'.
7. And where did a woman in a shopping mall end up? In a water fountain.
Did you enjoy the video of the man unexpectedly meeting a bear in a Los Angeles suburb while he was texting? Entertaining, I think you will agree.
Coming next: a quiz about the London Olympics. Do visit our sister site: "English, Actually". This is your space to practise writing, and be corrected.