Good afternoon everyone. The latest from Six Minute English is about the "quarter-life crisis". We're going to find out what it is by listening and aswering a few simple questions. When you've finished, post your answers to the questions on the Tag Board or in a comment. Then say whether you have every experienced either a quarter-life or a mid-life crisis and tell us how you dealt with it.
First, the questions:
1) According to a recent survey in Britain, when does middle age begin? Is it at:
(a) 35; (b) 40; (c) 45 ?
2) What exactly is a "mid-life" crisis?
It happens to people who are in their _____ and ______ . Essentially it is a ________ of _________ ___________ . People react by looking for ways to ________ ________ _______ .[one word for each line like this:________ .]
4. In a quarter-life crisis people...
... are aged in their _______________ .
... worry about ____ ____ ____ and _______ they are _______ .
5. Quarter-life crises are mainly caused by (mention three causes):
6) Is the quarter-life crisis the same as the mid-life crisis but twenty years earlier? Give reasons for your answer.
7) Callum says he is nearly ______ years old.
Now, listen to the programme. Don't forget to use the Tag Board or a Comment to share your answers with everyone.
More very soon!