As promised, here is another listening comprehension exercise from Six Minute English. This time it's about the movie "Robin Hood", which is in Rome's cinemas and has also been shown at this year's Cannes Film Festival.
As usual, read through the questions below and then listen to the programme:
1. (This week's official question) When was the first film of the Robin Hood story released?
(a) 1908; (b) 1918; (c) 1928
2. Robin Hood's martial abilities included being a great __________ and a good _________ . [one word in each gap.]
3. Robin Hood lived in Sherwood Forest with his band of "________ ________ ." [two words].
4. There have been over ________ different film and TV versions of the Robin Hood story.
5. He was always dressed in _________ and he wore ________ .
6. Russell Crowe, when he played Robin Hood, "wanted to give the _______ some ________ ."
7. Russell Crowe sees Robin Hood as a "_________".
8. In his interview, what typical forest flora does Russell Crowe mention as being likely to damage his clothes?
Now listen to the programme and then write your answers on the Tag Board or in a Comment.
Very many thanks to all those who answered last week's Six Minute English quiz. How many are going to answer this week? I'd love to get as many people as possible participating.