Hello everyone. Here are the answers to last week's Six Minute English listening comprehension exercise.
1. Hollywood was originally called "Hollywoodland"
2. Mr Hefner compares the Hollywood sign with the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
3. British equivalents to the iconic landmark include London's Tower Bridge, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben.
4. Mr Hefner says that the best of America comes not from the government but "from the movies".
5. And this "best of America" represents the "immigrant dream".
Many thanks to Diletta, Savina, Bruno, Gianluca, Olimpia, Lorenzo and Leonardo for taking part.
Coming up very soon:
(a) an introduction to the new British Council Learning English site, and
(b) our next Six Minute English listening comprehension.
I apologise for the fact that this is the first posting for ten days, but it has been a busy period.
See you again soon,