Good day everyone. As promised, here is a further listening exercise based on Six Minute English. Today it is very short. It's about Malcolm Mclaren, the promoter of the group The Sex Pistols, who died recently.
As usual, read the questions first, then listen to the talk. Then post your answers in a Comment or on the Tag Board.
1. The real name of the lead singer of the Sex Pistols is John Lydon. What is his stage name?
(a) Johnny Terrible (b) Johnny Rotten (c) Johnny Awful
2. The Sex Pistols were the most __________ punk band. (insert one word)
3. The journalist Neil Spencer uses four different expressions to describe Malcolm McLaren. Insert one word into each space:
(a) "a real __________ "
(b) "a total __________ "
(c) "incredibly ________ "
(d) "very well-________ "
4. One of these words has come into English from another language. Which word and which language?
5. How would you describe Neil Spencer's attitude to Malcolm McLaren?
Now listen to the talk. Then enter your answers on the Tag Board or in a Comment. A Comment is better if you are writing a longer answer, or if you want to put all your answers together rather than in separate messages on the Tag Board.
Official answers next week.
Have a good weekend!
But don't forget to visit this Blog at least twice, if not three times, a week.