Monday, March 08, 2010

Recording Yourselves

Hello. And a very good Monday morning to you. I hope you enjoy International Women's Day. I'd like to add an image of some minosa, but I am not sure if I can right now.

I am glad to see that some people are following my suggestion and recording themselves reading something from 'Words In The News'. Anybody is welcome to send me the resulting sound file, and I will gladly listen to it.

You can send me your sound file as an attachment, but please try to convert it to MP3 format first. "Sound Recorder" saves files in WAV format and the files are therefore rather large. There are free converter programs that will convert your WAV file to MP3, of which the files are much smaller. I use "Total Recorder" for which I paid, as it is also a sound editor capable of capturing streaming audio.

As this week progresses, I will review the listening and video sites I have listed. But it would be immensely helpful if you visit them too and tell us all what you think of them - either on the Tag Board or in a Comment below this post.

Later on, too, I will produce another comprehension exercise from Six Minute English.

Finally, you will have noticed the new look of this Blog. I think it is much better as it separates the various areas and makes everything much easier to read. I would appreciate your ideas on this subject. Eventually I will replace the photo at the top. If you have your own photo you would like to see at the top of this Blog, just let me know.

That's all for now. Watch this space for further developments.
And have a nice day.
- Mike

No comments: