In Level 3 we have been exploring Ideal Homes. See New English File Intermediate, Unit 4B, pages 58-59, then page 65.
To find out more about what makes an Ideal Home for many people, read the Financial Times online, and turn to Weekend: House and Home. The latest ideal home is described by designer Yves Behar, who lives in California.
Whatever level you are - 3, 4 or upwards, read on and try my suggestions:
Look at 'Editor's Choice', on the same page, for more interviews with people who describe their ideal homes.
Now, how about either:
- Describing your current home and saying why you like it - or not, as the case may be;
- Saying what you would look for in an ideal home.
Look at the questions the interviewers ask in order to get some ideas. Good questions might include:
- Are you a city or country person?
- What attracted you to your current home?
- Which facilities can’t you live without?
- Is entertaining important to you?
- Which is your favourite room?
- Have you made any changes to your flat?
- What makes a home?
When you have finished, use the comments facility at the end of this post to record your ideas.
The best ideas will get an Honourable Mention on this Blog from me, and a pint or 'Aperitivo' next time we go out after lessons!