Six Minute English discussed this very question on April 9. Listen yourselves and try to answer the lead question: which is the happiest country?
And here are a few more questions:
1. Why is Rebecca happy today?
2. What makes her happy? (2 things)
3. What makes the first speaker happy?
4. What, according to the first speaker, is the main problem with happiness?
5. What's the second speaker's attitude to happiness?
6. What two things does the second speaker say lead to happiness?
7. What does the second speaker not mention?
8. After what point does money not buy us happiness?
9. What is Britain's position in the Happiness List?
Now listen to Six Minute English. Did you learn any new words?
Did you answer This Week's Question correctly?
Post your answers to the Tag Board or the Comments section at the bottom of this posting.
PS Many thanks to Agostino for his comment about the English Language Listening Lab. He is an example to us all!