If you have been listening to Six Minute English, which I mentioned in the previous post, here are a few comprehension questions to help you concentrate. Read these simple questions before listening again:
1. The presenters, Jackie and Neil, are on ______ _____ terms. (2 words)
2. In some restaurants you're not allowed to wear _______. (1 word)
3. Neil thinks that ____ per cent of people would like to be told what to wear at work. (1 word)
4. Neil says that the BBC is a _______ place to work but not ______ . (2 words)
5. Carrie has been at the BBC for nearly _______ years. (1 word)
6. Carrie had to call her first boss "_________ " Bowman. (1 word or abbreviation)
7. But Carrie's boss called his "underlings" (subordinates) by their ______ name. (1 word)
8. In Carrie's department she had to _______ ________ if she wanted to go to the toilet. (2 words)
9. What happens on a "dress-down Friday"? (a short phrase)
10. What percentage of people would prefer to be given a precise dress code? (write a number)
11. Neil says, "What I'm wearing at the moment is what I ____ ____ ____ ." (3 words)
I've made these questions as easy for you as I can! I've indicated the number of words needed to answer each question. Now you can listen to Six Minute English.
To answer these questions, use the "Comments" link on this page below this post. Simply write the number of the question, followed by the answer.
The first person to answer all the questions correctly will get an Honourable Mention in the next post. And maybe even a pint!
In due course I'll post the answers. But I want you to get the answers first.