Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy New Year 2009 to you all

Dear everyone,

I'm very pleased to see that people have been reading this Blog even during the Christmas holidays. That shows real enthusiasm. Thanks to all those who left messages, too.

I wanted to write this message during the holidays, but I was unable to send one from my PDA/Smartphone using Windows Mobile. I would like to hear from anyone who uses a Smartphone or Blackberry, or similar, and whether they use it to read this blog.

I hope to see all you current students some time this week. Meanwhile, momentous events are happening, and you may wish to read about them in English. Here are a few links:

BBC News

CNN (United States)

The Times (London)

The Times (New York)

The Guardian

The Daily Telegraph

The Independent

A Google or other search will turn up many more sites. If you discover any interesting ones let us all know in a message.

Eventually, I will create an English-language newspaper section for the right hand column on this blog.

More soon - and I hope you all had a good break.

- Mike

No comments: