Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Two Ideas for Listening

Still with the BBC:

1. The latest "Words In The News" is about new animal species being discovered in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam. Until the 1990s scientists were unable to explore the area because it was a war zone. Now they have found some remarkable creatures.

2. "Six Minute English": in this episode hear about the case of the 20-year-old man in Italy who has taken his parents to court so that he can live with them while he studies. And it seems he is by no means unusual. Listen on...

And note that you can download this as a Podcast, enabling you to listen repeatedly. The BBC page will give you full instructions on how to do this if you are not yet familiar with Podcasting.

And just one other thing.....

............ visit the BBC's special area dedicated to cyberspace: Click. Here you'll be able to watch the programme of the same name, as well as read advice on how to keep yourself, and your computer data, safe when you're online.

More to come - keep watching this space!

Kind regards from,
- Mike

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mike!
I heard about Mekong, but I was not so interested in...I've found more interesting the second listening about the italian case. I think it's not easy being a student in a such coutry like Italy, as well as it doesn't being a parent who has to mantein a studying son. May be It would be better that the student quickly studies in order to finish and to became indipendent, while parents should help their son to persue his dream ecouraging him...Parents support it's very important for students. As a student i've always studied and work but i perflectly understand how it's difficult help me, expecially now, when finding a job which I've been studying for is so hard.
About the listening, I've found easier the first part than the second one.
Bye
Sara

Mike said...

Thanks Sara, for your perceptive comment. I hope more people reply. I'll also post another message to everyone before the holidays.

Mike

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody!
I heard about the italian student who has taken his parents to court in order to build a new career.
Moreover "the blog" say that a 12-year-old boy,in U.S.A., divorced in 1992, from his parents, but I think that we can't to compare this two countries, because in Unites States, probably, there are more opportunities of work or of to live stand alone then in Italy.

Merry Christmas from Roberto.

pansy said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com