Friday, March 14, 2008

Your Comments on the Tag Board

Dear All,

Here are some of the comments I have seen recently on the Tag Board:



Cristina: Hi everybody! I found the website very useful, and now I'm doing some listening..the most difficult thing is the American accent!!See you tomorrow

silvia: hi Mike! I am listening to an easy listening exercise from Randall's...I am improving...bye

Floriana: Thank you Daniele for the tips. The BBC podcasts are really helpful! Have a nice day...

Daniele: Hi Mike! This website is very useful and interesting l!! In my opinion, another way to improve our listening skills is to download bbc podcasts using i-tunes!! See you tomorrow!

Francesca: Hi Mike!!I tried to listen to something from BBC's Learning English site.I've understood the meaning of each news, but not the single words!!maybe because they speak too fast!..bye


Anna: Hi Mike, thanks for the blog! It's full of advices and useful links. Very interesting is the BBC site in the page called "keep english up to date", just to a take a look on language evolution.

Floriana: Hi, Mike! I'm writing for the first time in your blog! I'd like to say hello to you and to each level 5A student attending the saturday classes in Rome! See you soon!

These are very encouraging comments. Also I see that you are using the Tag Board to communicate with each other:

Daniele: Hi there! Could you help me telling me which exercises I have to do for next Saturday (course 5A in Rome) ? Thanks!

Anna: Hi Daniele, do the exercises in pp 20, 22 and 23.Then it was suggested to read on a regular basis: news, report, books...whatever! Bye,a

This is also very encouraging! I am delighted to see people interacting with each other as well as with the site. This is the Internet at some of its best.

However, the Tag Board unfortunately attracts some Spam, some of it of a mildly unpleasant nature. I can keep this under control by means of daily checks and removal of the offending comments. But during the Easter holidays (16 th to 25th March) this will be impossible. So I propose to remove the Tag Board for the duration of the holidays.

You will of course be able to leave comments in the traditional way - at the end of this message. I will post further instructions later today.

More very soon,
Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.