Friday, November 02, 2007

Can You Read This? (Fast!)

Many thanks to Rossella of Saturday course 4B for her 'Phrases and Meanings' site recommendation. I have added it to the links in the right-hand column.

Found on Facebook!
(but it is actually quite a well known old text)


fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

If you can raed tihs forwrad it

Could you read this?? Let us all know what you thought of it in a comment.

7 comments:

Marco Saturday course said...

I'm one of the 55 people out of 100 who can read the text! Actually I already known this strange human mind phenomenon...

Mike said...

Excellent Marco! Now here's my suggestion for homework: write a text of your own in this style. For example:

My nmae is Mecaihl. I lvie in the San Gnvnaoii dscitrit in Rmoe...

Only joking! :-)

giacomo said...

geart mraco!!! but I'm socend one. I'm srroy if Tuhedasy was not at bstriih cnuoicl bscuaee i had an ipoartmnt job losesn on secuirty startgey in TLC.

If you can raed tihs massege you are msot probably not... drunk.

giacomo 4b

Mike said...

Brilliant Giacomo! I wlil buy a dnirk for the sduednt who wtires the bset jeubmld txet troromow nghit at the pub aetfr the lssoen!

Mkie

giacomo said...

Ok, It's fnie for me! I tihnk to hvae been good at wirnitg in tihs sgrante way. mbaye it culod be fnuny to sartt seakping in scuh mnaner as wlel... hmmm, on senocd tuoghhts, pprehas I ardleay tlak lkie tihs: taht's why aynnoe udnersatdns me!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi ot all!

Tihs is icnrebidle...I cna raed it! Tihs is a raelyl srtagne phaonmneom of hunam mdin!!!
I cna aslo sya taht it is relaly diffucilt to me wrintig on taht wya...i am dogin a big efofrt..!!!!! Bey Bey...Rossella 4b

Pietro 4 B said...

Tihs is icnredible but I cna raed it!! Aulaclty wehn I swa the tset the frsit tmie,I didn't udnestarnd atnyihng,but atefr 3 mnuties of raenidg I hvae udenrtosod erevyhtnig!! Taht's ture: the hmuan mnid has a phenomenal pweor!!
Bey bey