Saturday, February 04, 2006

Listen to English Radio in Rome!

New Service Starting This Week. As I mentioned on Friday 27 January, Radio Città Futura is broadcasting programmes on the BBC World Service. So you can now listen to high-quality radio in English with minimal effort.

Just tune your radio, whether at home or in your car, to 97.7 Mhz, which is Radio Città's frequency. The BBC is on air from 22.00 to 23.00 and from 01.00 to about 05.oo every day.

22.00 to 23.00 is the famous 'Newshour' programme. Then in the middle of last night I heard an interview with the Egyptian Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif, who speaks near-perfect English. How many British politicians speak Arabic?

Please do try listening to the BBC World service in English. It will be hard at first, but it is excellent practice. Try writing down words and phrases you recognise, then try to guess the topic of the broadcast.

And as always, please leave your comment!

Ciao4now,

Mike
:-)

3 comments:

laura picchetti said...

Oila' Mike ....I descoverd radio London ..so many years ago!
Long before coming as student to the British Council in Naples...
I USED TO LISTEN TO THE RADIO ON SHORT WAVE AT NIGHT WHEN YOU WERE A VERY YOUNG BOY...
...HOW ARE YOU?
BY THE WAY, I followed your advice and edited so many blogs using BLOGSPOT, THAN THEY HAVE BEEN FORCED TO SHUT DOWN YESTERDAY FOR MANTEINANCE
laura

Anonymous said...

Due to the third accident occurred today I'm thinking to avoid to listen to Speak Up cd while I'm driving. I suggest to the British Council to put on a special insurance for its students.
Myriam

Mike Ivy said...

Myriam! I very much hope you are not taking risks here. It is not worth it.

A small correction: I'm thinking to avoid to listen to Speak Up should be I'm thinking of avoiding listening to Speak Up

And: I suggest to the British Council to put on should be I suggest the British Council put on ..

Excuse me for these comments!