Friday, September 23, 2005

It's Autumn Once Again

... and we are now back in the classroom.

This is a message for everyone but especially my September Level 3A class. I am giving you some advice on Listening.

Your first stop should be at the BBC's Learning English site. Read and listen to 'Words In The News - on the left-hand side of the page under 'News English'.

Then you might like to try the 'Flatmates' story. Look for The Flatmates on the right-hand side of the window. Meet the flatmates, read some old episodes, then read and listen to the latest episode.

When you have finished, decide how the story is to continue by voting, under the 'You decide' heading. Next week, see if your vote influences the way the story goes!

That's all I have time for now. More advice on Using Internet for Listening next week.

Just one thing: write your comment after trying the listening. Remember, this Blog is interactive, and your comments are very important. You can also use Comments to communicate with other students.

Note that when you post a comment, you will have to pass a word verification procedure. This means that a screen will show, with a word in a special colour. You must type the word that you see, and then confirm it by clicking OK.

Why? This procedure ensures that only a human being posts a comment, and not a spammer program. Spam, or junk e-mail, is now becoming a problem on Blogs as well as on e-mail systems.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please do leave your comment!
Ciao4now - and good luck!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hello. I have just written this comment as an experiment. I hope this works. I will try to post it as 'Other'. Let's hope there are no Spammers about!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm writing this comment to thank you, and all the classmates of 3A for the nice experience of the British Council's course.
I hope we will all keep in touch!
Hugs for everyone (and sorry if my english is not so good)
Francesca